The Soulard Art Market (SAM) and Contemporary Gallery is calling for submissions to “Carnivalesque” a juried exhibition of any medium. The show runs from March 8, 2012 through April 6, 2012, and each artist may submit up to three original works. Artwork displayed in prior years may not be submitted.
“Carnivalesque” a mixed media show featuring a look at the past, present and future of amusement! Come and set yours eyes upon views of everything from the ride to the people to the freak shows and all the entertainment you can imagine!
- No more than 3 Pieces of work to be juried.
- Framed 2D artwork must be ready for hanging (no saw tooth hangers). Wire should be attached.
- Unframed “gallery wrapped” canvasses are acceptable.
- Sculpture should be no larger than 6 feet. Artists may need to provide their own pedestals.
- All artwork for consideration MUST be submitted via JPEG/JPG image.
- File size for each work cannot exceed 500kb and must be attached in jpg (jpeg) format.
- File Name should be named as such: Artists Name_Artwork title_Dimensions.jpg (Example of File Name: (John Smith_Artwork 1_16x20.jpg).
- Late entries after the closing date of submission will NOT be accepted, no exceptions.
- Artists must be willing to have their artwork filmed or included in any press releases, articles, or other publications as seen fit by the show curators.
Visit our website and use our submission form to enter your work into the show: www.SoulardArtMarket.org.
Note: if you receive an “error” message immediately after you submit, it probably went through. You will receive a confirmation of receipt from us within 24 hours, if you don’t receive that, then resubmit.
Electronic submissions by Sunday, February 26, 2012, at 5:00 p.m.
Electronic accepted artist notification by Monday, February 27, 2012.
If accepted, drop off: Saturday and Sunday, March 2-3, 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Opening reception:. Friday, March 9, 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Pick up: Saturday and Sunday, April 6-7, 2012, 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Submission is FREE! Accepted artists must submit an operational costs’ fee of $30. There will be no commission; artists will retain 100% of sales. We look forward to seeing your art in the upcoming exhibition.
S.A.M. is a unique studio and gallery complex located in the historic Soulard neighborhood of St. Louis, Missouri.
For more info: www.SoulardArtMarket.org
Soulard Art Market & Contemporary Art Gallery (314-258-4299), 2028 S. 12th St., St. Louis, MO 63104